Substance Abuse Counselor Training and Certification
The course is offered biweekly on Thursdays – 6:30pm to 8:00pm for a total of 20 sessions
Program Registration Fee: $100.00 (due on first day of class)
This fee covers materials including your copy of the Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification
Examination Study Guide and informational expense. The registration fee is mandatory to beginning the program and must be paid in full prior to beginning classes.
- Program Registration Fee: $100.00
- Thursday Class Fee: $50.00 per class
- Grad Fee: $150
Each time class is attended the fee associated with that class (listed above) must be collected by an American Alternative Court Services representative. This payment must be paid in full before each class and is required for class attendance.
Trainees are required to attend all scheduled course sessions according to the specified schedule that they register for in order to complete the program.
All program trainees are required to check-in in advance via email or by phone for their classes. A reminder email will be sent out to trainees prior to the scheduled classes. Each trainee must then respond back to the email in a timely manner to confirm whether or not they will be attending the scheduled class. If you are unable to attend a session you must communicate this with an American Alternative Court Services staff member.
- 180 core educational hours required for CADC I
- 270.0 core educational hours required for CADC II
- Clinical supervision is available at the additional cost of $30.00 per hour (or $25.00 per hour when supervision is pre-paid for). For CADC II you need 300 clinical supervised hours.